CHECK OUT,I HAVE NEW QUESTIONS FOR YOU.ANSWER THEM AS COMMENTS.REVIEW YOUR SCORES.ALL THE BEST

Which is more difficult in the GRE exam?

Write your Queries and suggestions here so that i can develop the blog more


Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Importance of GPA

Not everyone who is attending for GRE knows the importance of GPA(grade point average).It is on the basis of this many universities select their students.This is the most important factor for a international student than his GRE score.Mostly many universities ask for a GPA around 2-3.3.The maximum value of GPA is 4.It is not calculated by any particular formula but it is based on the marks we obtained in the lower levels of our academic career.
According to US calculations GPA points are termed as
4 A High Acheivement
3 B Satisfactory
2 C Minimum Passing
1 D Failure
Many people want to know their GPA.So this is for you.According to Indian subsystem the grades are maintained as
8-10 = 4GPA
5-7 = 3GPA
3-5 = 2GPA
1-2 = 1GPA
Now it is clear,you can make your GPA level.For example if your percentage is 55%,your GPA comes around 2.8 to 3(it is basically 3 but average is taken).So guys and gals do check your GPA before applying to a university.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi..wat wud b the GPA if ur aggregate is 65%??

Bharath said...

Hi.It will be around 3 and more.around 3.5...

Unknown said...

hi wat would be my gpa if i have an aggregate of 64% in BDS/dental

Bharath said...

Hello Jayanthi,You GPA is 3.2.Its because you are from an Medical field.All the best.If u have any doubts ask me on the cbox.Keep Visiting.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

hi...my cgpa is 7.4.. wat ll be my gpa!? am doin my engi in anna univ!

Bharath said...

hello hariram.When your CGPA is 7.4 your GPA is 3.7..Its good if you maintain such a good GPA score.

Unknown said...

thanks a lot dude! i finished my gre a few days back..got 1360(800q 560v)...will i get colleges ranked 15-30?

Bharath said...

firstly i congratulate you for getting the real good score.If you can do better even in your TOEFL test i am sure you can do it.I will post the names of the universities in a day or two,which you can afford for you score.
Cheers

Shalini B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shalini B said...

hiii
my percentage in B.tech is 82% from Electronics and Communications background.what is my GPA?. my gre score is 1230(Q-760, V-470)and expecting >100 in toefl ibt.
can u plzz list out some of the univ related to my field??....

Unknown said...

dude..u told my gpa is 3.7..how ye calculated tat?! cos raw conversion of my gpa from 10 scale to 4 scale gives me jus 2.96..and u promised me u wud suggest me some unis!? :D

Pinky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi,

My sister is doing her BDS house surgeon.So she is planning to come to USA.I dont have any idea how how to guide her?Is she need to write her GRE/TOEFL?
So could you pls help me.

sumalya pal said...

hello my name is sumalya. i am having a cgpa of 8.4. what will be my GPA??..

thanks in advance

Unknown said...

Hey my UG aggregate is 76% what is my GPA